Bradford Oaks Center | Maryland Nursing Home Law Firm
Bradford Oaks Center is a Prince George’s County nursing home located in Clinton, Maryland. It is across from Southern Maryland Hospital. It offers 180 beds, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech/language pathology services in addition to nursing care.
The facility is own by Genesis Healthcare offers services in 512 nursing home facilities in the United States. Genesis is the largest chain of nursing homes in the country and may soon double ManorCare, its closest competitor. Our lawyers take on Genesis nursing homes is that they have excellent facilities and terrible facilities.
If the inspection reports tell us anything, this is not a very good nursing home. Bradford's last Medicare health inspection report earned it one star, the lowest possible rating. Here is the telling quote from the inspection:
Based on observation and staff interviews, it was determined that the facility staff failed to create an environment that humanizes and individualizes each resident, in a manner that preserved each individual's dignity.
It is often an annoying trope to take a particular quote and claim it encapsulates a problem as mammoth as the nursing home crisis we have in this country. But this quote does perfectly encapsulate the problem we have in our nursing homes. Could there be a more scathing review of a nursing home?
The report goes on to criticize the way food is prepared, how drugs are dispensed and the unsanitary conditions. (Please read the report lest you think these nursing home lawyers are taking the report out of context.)
What can we say good about Bradford Oaks Center based on the Medicare inspections and reports? They actually got a five-star rating in quality measures, which at least arguably means that most of the residents are getting their recommended care.
The staffing at this facility in terms of the average numbers of hours of care per day for each resident is slightly lower than the Maryland average but not too far off. "Almost average" levels of staffing is probably not something Bradford Genesis will put on its brochure, but it seems like a win after reading that health inspection.
Our brief search did not uncover any lawsuits against Bradford Oaks Center. Genesis, of course, gets sued all of the time as every large nursing home chain does.
You can call Bradford Oaks Center at 301-853-1600. The address is 7520 Surratts Road in Clinton, Maryland.
- Bradford Oaks' website
- Google reviews
- Case details of a lawsuit filed against another Genesis nursing home in P.G. County involving a death from Stage IV bedsores.
- Here is another bedsore lawsuit filed against a Genesis nursing home, this one in Annapolis
- The value of nursing home abuse and neglect lawsuits in Maryland
- If you believe you have a potential lawsuit against this nursing home or any other, call us at (800) 553-8082 or get a free online case review.
Below are the closest competitors to this nursing home along with the driving distance and miles the competitor is from the facility.
- Future Care Pineview - 5 Min (1.9 Miles)
- Clinton Nursing & Rehabilitation Center - 5 Min (1.3 Miles)
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center - 1 Min (0.2 Mile)
- Fort Washington Health & Rehabilitation Center - 19 Min (11.4 Miles)