BridgePark Healthcare Center
BridgePark Nursing & Rehabilitation is a 106-bed skilled nursing center in the Gwynn Oak area of Baltimore, Maryland. It offers short-term recovery and rehabilitation services.
It is owned by Communicare, a family owned business in Ohio that is expanding quickly into Maryland. CommuniCare has facilities in Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Missouri. There are fifteen nursing home centers that they service in Maryland.
The health inspections for this facility are not good. In the last inspection we saw in 2015, the citations included:
- Failure to follow MOLST (Medical Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment which led to the failure to address a patient's life ending wishes.
- Failure to notify a doctor of unacceptably high blood pressure
- Failure to notify families of residents with injuries and illness
- Failure to ensure patient privacy (no privacy curtain for roommates)
- Failure to maintain medical equipment in a clean, orderly, sanitary manner
- Failure to make sure the facility is free from accident hazards
- Failure to place handrails on each side of the hallways. There was a rail on the elevator that was not firmly fixed to the wall
- Failure to keep complete and accurate clinical record for a patient
Here is the lasting quote from the inspection:
- The facility staff failed to thoroughly assess and provide specialized services and equipment for a resident to achieve and maintain the most dignified environment (# 60) and the facility staff failed to provide the most dignified existence for a resident (# 8).
You can read the entire report for yourself here.
Overall, BridgePark gets a two out of five-star rating. This facility one received one star for health inspections, The nurse hours per resident per day appear to be relatively consistent with the U.S. and Maryland averages.
When a nursing home lawyer sees this type of report, we assume where there is smoke there is fire. A nursing home that makes this many errors is certainly a candidate for a lawsuit. Our quick search did not find any lawsuits against BridgePark Healthcare Center. But if this nursing home cannot get its act together, you can expect to seem claims against it in the future.
You can call BridgePark Healthcare Center at 410-542-5306. The address for this facility is 4017 Liberty Heights Avenue in Baltimore, Maryland.Competitors
Below are the closest competitors to this nursing home along with the driving distance and miles the competitor is from the facility.
- Lochearn Nursing Home, LLC - 5 min (1.9 miles)
- Augsburg Lutheran Home - 7 Min (2.9 Miles)
- Crawford Retreat - 5 Min (1.7 Miles)
- Frederick Villa Nursing & Rehab Center - 14 Min (4.3 Miles)
- Milford Manor Nursing Home - 11 min (4.5 miles)
Recent BridgePark Healthcare Center Lawsuits
- 2019, Wilcox v. BridgePark Operations: A malpractice lawsuit was filed after an immobile elderly woman developed numerous pressure ulcers due to the nursing home neglecting to put measures in place to regularly re-position her. She is still currently suffering from the sacral ulcer that causes her immense pain and significantly limits her mobility.