Bethesda Health and Rehabilitation | Maryland Lawyers
- Bethesda Health and Rehabilitation is in Bethesda which is one of the five richest areas in the United States. Everywhere you look in this town you see quality. You would expect a nursing home in Bethesda to be beautiful with bells and whistles.
- You would be wrong. The Medicare overall rating for the facility is extremely low – one out of five stars. More alarming, the facility was noted to have 25 health deficiencies. Compare that with the state average of 10 and the U.S. average of 6.9.
- Bethesda Health and Rehabilitation was cited for things like failing to maintain drug records and properly label medications or even make sure the resident is not taking unnecessary drugs. They were even cited for failing to make sure that patients who do not need a catheter do not receive one unless absolutely necessary.
- Here is just one more that just flies off the page. The Bethesda facility was cited for failure to 1) hire only employees with on legal history of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating residents; or (2) report and investigate any acts of abuse or reports of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment of residents.
- If you think you have to take the information you are getting from a law firm that represents nursing home abuse victims with a few grains of salt, fair enough. Just read the last health inspection report we could find and decide for yourself.
Bethesda Health and Rehabilitation is part of the Sava Senior Care, a for-profit business headquartered in Atlanta. It is a large company that operates 200 skilled-nursing facilities in 23 states. SavaSeniore is being sued by the federal government who alleges that the nursing home chain is ripping off Medicare recipients by providing unnecessary medical care to patients. (In fairness, other large chains like ManorCare are involved with similar lawsuits.)
SavaSeniorCare has faced lawsuits in Maryland and elsewhere but we could not locate any lawsuits that have been filed against the Bethesda facility.
- Find this nursing home on the map
- Get similar analysis and similar information and quality rankings each Maryland nursing home.
- Research the settlement value of your potential nursing home abuse or wrongful death case.
- If you think you might have a potential nursing home case, call us at (800) 553-8082 or get a free on-line consultation. We are here to help you get justice.
Below are the closest competitors to this nursing home along with the driving distance and miles the competitor is from the facility.
- Maplewood Park Place - 4 Min (1.1 Miles)
- Manorcare Health Services - Bethesda - 6 Min (1.5 Miles)
- Brighton Garden Tuckerman Lane - 5 Min (1.7 Miles)
- Carriage Hill Bethesda - 7 Min (2.1 Miles)
- Manor Care Health Services - Chevy Chase - 9 Min (4.0 Miles)