Ballenger Creek Center
This relatively new Genesis HealthCare facility is located at 347 Ballenger Drive, in Frederick, Maryland. It is a larger facility, with 143 beds, but was only 67% occupied at last check. This could explain why they have a higher than average staffing hours per resident per day percentage which is definately a good thing for residents. Nursing home lawyers see a clear correlation between staffing hours per resident and the likelihood of a malpractice lawsuit against that nursing home.
Overall, the facility’s ratings are slightly below average compared to other nursing homes in Maryland, receiving 2/5 stars for health inspection and 3/5 for the categories of staffing, RN staffing, and quality measures.
The facility has more health deficiencies than the state average, and did not perform well in fire safety tests. Ballenger Creek had seven fire deficiencies, higher than the Maryland average of 4.2 and higher than then National average of 3.3. Of significance, in 2015, the facility was found to have “many” residents affected by faulty sprinkler systems.
Who cares about fire tests? Nursing homes are like any other organization. If you do not do the small things correctly, you are more likely to miss the big things. It would be interesting to see the national correlation between a nursing homes fire inspections and the number of nursing home lawsuits that end in a settlement or verdict. The guess here is that there is a pretty strong association between the two.
- An article from 2013 in the Frederick News-Post anticipating the opening of the nursing center:
- An article from 2015 regarding the opening of the facility
We have not been able to find any lawsuits filed online against Ballenger Creek, which may be due to the facility being opened within the past year or two. However, here is some information and sample cases that have been filed against Genesis HealthCare.
- Details of a 2016 wrongful death lawsuit filed against Genesis in Prince George's County where the resident developed Stage IV bedsores
- Here is another bedsore lawsuit filed against a Genesis nursing home, this one in Annapolis
You can reach the facility, which specializes in wound care, by calling 301-663-5181.
- The value of nursing home cases in Maryland
- Learn more about Genesis from the perspective a medical malpractice lawyer
Below are the closest competitors to this nursing home along with the driving distance and miles the competitor is from the facility.
- Citizens Care And Rehabilitation Center Of Frederick - 8 Min (4.2 Miles)
- Northampton Manor Nursing And Rehabilitation Center - 10 Min (5.1 Miles)
- Buckingham's Choice - 13 Min (7.9 Miles)
- Glade Valley Center - 13 Min (8.8 Miles)
- Homewood At Crumland Farms - 11 Min (8.9 Miles)