Bel Pre Health & Rehabilitation Center
Bel Air Pre Health and Rehabilitation Center sounds like it must be in Bel Air. It is actually in Montgomery County in Silver Spring.
The nursing home has 100 beds (83 occupied at last count), making it a fairly average sized nursing home. It is part of CommuniCare, a family of companies that provides post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Except for clinical lab service, x-rays, and vocational services, it has pretty much everything you would want in a nursing home in terms of services.
Bel Air Pre Health and Rehabilitation Center receives average ratings for its staffing. The average time each resident gets with a nurse is just below the state and national averages. Nursing home lawyers look at this with a raised eyebrow because lower staffing usually leads to more mistakes and a lower quality of care.
But Bel Pre Health & Rehabilitation Center's quality measures ratings are well above the state average. On average in Maryland, long-term residents of nursing homes develop a urinary tract infection 4.7% of the time, develop pressure ulcers 6.6% of the time, and suffer one or more falls resulting in major injury 2.8% of the time. At Bel Air Pre Health and Rehabilitation Center those numbers, respectively, are 1.3%, 2.4%, and 0.9%.
On paper, there is not much to hate about this nursing home. This facility has pretty good inspection reports. Like every nursing home, it gets cited for deficiencies. But most of the violations are relatively nickel and dime. This seems like a decent nursing home.
We have not found any lawsuits or settlements involving this nursing home although that does not mean there not been any.
You can contact Bel Air Pre Health and Rehabilitation Center at (301) 598-6000. It is located at 2601 Bel Pre Road in Silver Spring, Maryland.
If are looking for a nursing home lawyer, call us at (800) 553-8082 or get a free on-line consultation.
- Here are some reviews of this nursing home that paint a far less rozy picture than what we sketched above. Certainly, angry people are the ones that race to review a nursing home. But these reviews are definitely not very good.
- Learn about particular Maryland nursing homes
- Get useful information on the settlement value of nursing home cases in Maryland
Below are the closest competitors to this nursing home along with the driving distance and miles the competitor is from the facility.
- Layhill Center - 2 Min (0.6 Mile)
- Manor Care Health Services - Wheaton - 10 Min (3.4 Miles)
- Bedford Court Healthcare Center - 6 Min (2.3 Miles)
- NMS Healthcare Of Silver Spring - 9 Min (3.9 Miles)
- Arcola Health And Rehabilitation Center - 16 Min (5.6 Miles)