Bel Air Health and Rehabilitation Center
Bel Air Health & Rehabilitation Center, a part of the Sava Senior Care Community, is located at 410 East Macphail Road in Harford County, Maryland. It is privately owned by SavaSeniorCare, which is one of the largest providers of nursing homes in the United States.
The facility has 155 beds, making it significantly larger than the average nursing home in Maryland (122 beds). It has an overall Medicare rating of 3 stars. It has a 90% occupancy at last check.
For what it is worth, this Bel Air facility has won some nursing home awards. In 2011, the location won a Bronze Quality Award. The facility also has an award in the Quality Initiative Recognition Program. On the other hand, this nursing home was sued in 2016 in a case -- Shewell v. Bel Air Health and Rehab -- by nursing home lawyer alleging the facility was negligent.
If you look at the Medicare scores below, you will see this Bel Air nursing home does not have lower than average ratings in any of the categories rated by Medicare. This is probably not a bad nursing home. On the other hand, it certainly does not seem to be excelling either.
Reviewing the Medicare inspections for Bel Air Health and Rehabilitation leave you with the same impression of adequacy without excellence. In one health inspection back in 2014, the center is cited for not keeping to its residents free from physical restraints, unless needed for medical treatment. That does not give anyone a warm fuzzy feeling. But most of the violations noted were relatively innocuous by nursing home inspection standards.
We could not find any nursing home lawsuits against this particular nursing home. SavaSeniorCare has been hit one some big verdicts in recent years and you can find those by clicking on the SavaSeniorCare link above. But, by and large, Sava is like most nursing homes. It is going to bend over backwards to settle any viable nursing home case against it. In terms of nursing home settlements, this data does not exist because these nursing homes are extremely sedulous in requiring that nursing home lawyers and the victims keep any out-of-court settlements confidential.
The phone number for Bel Air Health & Rehabilitation is 410-879-1120.
- Read some internet reviews of Bel Air Health and Rehabilitation here, here and here. You have to be careful relying on Internet reviews, but there is no denying that can be a useful tool.
- This nursing home on the map.
- Get similar information and the ratings for every Maryland nursing home.
- Research the settlement value of nursing home lawsuits in Maryland
- Call our nursing home lawyers today if you have been a victim of nursing home negligence at (800) 553-8082 or reach out to us online.
Below are the closest competitors to this nursing home along with the driving distance and miles the competitor is from the facility.
- Lorien NSG & Rehab Center Belair - 4 Min (2.1 Miles)
- Forest Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center - 9 Min (3.4 Miles)
- Lorien Health Systems - Riverside - 14 Min (7.6 Miles)
- Glen Meadows Retirement Community - 25 Min (13.4 Miles)